And, last night, as we devoured our delicious gnocchi (recipe courtesy of the brilliant Elise of Simply Recipes) topped with a brown butter with spinach and pinenuts sauce (recipe courtesy of Cooking Light), we were screaming “GNO!” at our bachelor friend, Jake.
I decided to compile our list of “gnos” in lieu of our usual Cheese Whiz Ratings. Because last night was gno ordinary Fire & Wine night.
Things Jake should have said Gno* to in last night’s episode – with quotes and input from DD Girl and Roomie:
1. Girls in RV’s. – Didn’t Jake watch Road Rules? He should know that nothing good ever comes out of a bunch of girls sharing an RV.
2. Carrying his date (Gia) around the vineyard like a toddler. “She probably weighs as much as a toddler – DD Girl.” Jake, that’s weird and icky.
3. Girls who wear stilletos on a camping trip. Even Roomie who always looks cute and fashionable balked at these girls.
4. Taking your dates to a whore house-looking hotel, with each room you visit getting progressively tackier than the rest. If that is even possible.
5. The “I get lost in your eyes” line as said to Kathryn. Both times. Really?
6. A tie that looks like a tablecloth during the rose elimination ceremony. What was that thing?
7. Seeking wisdom on picking your future wife from Chris – the-network-is-going-to-love-this Harrison. Of course they are going to let you not give out all your roses, silly Jakey.
8. Girls obsessed with Vienna. Ugh. Enough already. All of it.
9. Ashleigh’s post-rose ceremony departure was less than graceful, as Roomie told DD Girl who was out of the room. So this gno is to Ashleigh – say gno to snotty, tearful departure speeches.
10. Girls who freak out over a cute little family of raccoons. (Gia!) Possibly the best part of the entire episode.
*Cheese Whiz Awards will return next week.