- It’s really fun to be the girl when you get engaged and then go back to work. Everyone wants to hear the story and you get a pretty ring to show off. They should make a hat or something to show for guys because it has to be boring to go back to work and say you got engaged. Maybe I’ll get the fiance a special action figure to take around.
- There are a lot of questions about when/where we are getting married. I think I might start making up some fun stuff and only people who actually think these might be fun will be invited to the real wedding:
“We are planning a full-on wedding at next year’s Comicon conference. I’ll be married in the Wonder Woman costume.”
“We are having our reception at Pinks in L.A. sometime next year. Hot dogs for all!”
“We thought that we’d just have it at next year’s Lunch Bunch Fry Fest. In lieu of gifts, please bring something to fry.”
“We’ll be getting married at the American Royal Barbecue. Would you prefer smoked pork or beef?”
- You can really embarrass yourself pretty quickly if you are caught staring at your ring. This happened to me right after we got engaged. I was standing (shoeless) in the casino looking at my hand and a guy came up and asked if something was wrong with it. I exclaimed to him I just got engaged. His friend started laughing and he said, “I was totally trying to hit on you. Well congrats and lucky guy.”
- You also realize how badly you need a manicure when you start looking at your hand every five minutes.
- Gertie could really care less, even though my future mother-in-law told her and I told her like five times last night. Hmph.