In this edition of Memory Lane Monday, I’m reminded that it is Christmas. Due to a lack of space in my apartment, there is no tree, there are no ornaments. Quite frankly, it feels a little bah humbug.
Although, I’ve finished my Christmas shopping and I have to say, I do feel pretty good about my gifts this year.
But at the same time, I’m also reminded of all the different Christmases since graduating from college in 2000. From Rocky Mount, NC to London to Kansas City, it’s been an interesting mix.
But if Ebeneezer Scrooge learned anything during his reflections, it was to stay in the present and appreciate what life has given you. In honor of the Christmas spirit, I’m scratching Memory Lane and celebrating Christmas 2008!
So from the Ghost of Christmas Present, I celebrate:
- My wonderful family
- A terrific dog
- A warm, cozy apartment
- A fabulous boyfriend!
- His fun-loving family who accept me into their fold
- A solid job where I am appreciated
- Friends, friends, friends – Thank you to all of you. I couldn’t have made it through this year without you.
To mention a few (in no particular order):
- D, you allowed me to crash at your place several times this spring with my dog. You have seen me through tears and laughter. (Sorry about your couch. 🙂 )
- Justin, you have been a constant friend and a source of both professional and personal advice. Thanks for keeping me laughing. I have enjoyed all of our adventures and am thankful for our shared world view!
- The work girls – you have more than put up with my mood swings and listened to both my rantings and my celebrations.
- Stephanie, thank you for visiting me for my birthday this fall and for being there for me this year all the way in Virginia. I’m so glad you walked into the Rocky Mount Telegram all those years ago and that we share the most awesome name ever.
- Shannon, it was great to see you this year and thanks for listening to me on the phone. You exemplified your role as “maid of honor” because you were there when I needed you most.
- J, you don’t read this but thank you for your support — even sticking with me when it was really messy and for sharing my love of Mexican food.
- Mollywolly, I’m so glad you have found the love of your life this year and thank you for being there for me over bri, answering heinous phone calls in the middle of the night, sharing your family and finding me wine when I needed some.
- The lunch bunch for all the great laughs and for always making me feel like a princess whenever you see me in real life. Your constant compliments flatter me.
- Facebook friends of old: I’ve so enjoyed reconnecting with so many of my friends from Jr. High -College and North Carolina.
- And of course, there is a special place in my heart for all of my new friends – Christi, Crystal, Jeremy, Ian and the whole gang.
And finally, blog friends, thanks for reading and helping me find my voice this year.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!!!!