Monthly Archives: December 2008
If you don’t know my *friend,* Erin, you should get to know her.
*I like to call her my friend b/c we met like once and all and so now we’re tight like that. *
Anyhow, read her story. (Don’t cheat. Start at the beginning!) I promise it’s worth it.
Also, don’t worry if you start to act strange after spending time with Erin.
Common symptoms include:
Not wearing any pants or just wearing your pajamas to social functions
Documenting everything you eat and drink with your digital camera
Nicknaming important people in your life
Taking life advice from adorable children
Laughing hysterically often
Finding that the real world often takes us to exciting new places! Congrats, Erin!
- My mom made her famous spaghetti for Christmas. It was yummy!
- Everyone loved their gifts — whoot!
- Gertie picked a fight with my Grandma’s weiner dog, Buddy. For a split second, I thought she was going to have a hot dog for lunch.
- Gertie and her BFF, Lily hung out on Christmas, then on Saturday, we went to see Marley & Me with the boyfriend’s family. When we returned, we discovered that Gertie and Lily had torn into some Christmas gifts, reminding us that every dog has a little bit of Marley in her.
- Speaking of the boyfriend’s family, I’ve decided to start a list of things overheard when at their house. My top entry is: the boyfriend’s brother crashing in on their sister, napping on the couch exclaiming, “Spoon me, L!”
- Among my gifts this year was a regift. I totally called it too. My mom has this tradition of giving us an ornament each year. The ornament is supposed to reflect our life in the past year. Mine was a ceramic painting of the Plaza. But upon closer inspection, I recognized it as an ornament my parents have had for years!! I am sure at one point it was a gift from someone too…
- Gertie was terrified of half her gifts this year.
- On Sunday, Justin’s van died, so I helped out by jumping him! Always willing to help out where needed.
- Merry Christmas 2008!
I bought the boyfriend a fedora for Christmas, but that wasn’t good enough. It needed a hat box.
But that wasn’t good enough.
The hat box needed some color.
I pasted strips from The Spirit, Dick Tracy and the Green Hornet.
Nothing like a little mod podge, a hat box and some comic books for Christmas. Picture to come.
And yet another super secret Christmas project is underway. I am so excited about it. I will be sure to share details on Christmas, but it may be the best gift I’ve ever given.
I found my inner Christmas spirit last night.
But I can’t tell you how (yet.)
It’s a super secret project that will be revealed to the boyfriend on Christmas day.
Things he knows about it:
- It’s created a huge mess that cannot be concealed – in that he’s not allowed to “pop by” my apartment until after Christmas.
- It’s sticky – when he texted me last night asking how my project was going, I had one word: sticky.
- Something has to dry – in that I can’t stick around for “one more beer” with friends because this project needs to get done!